This Blue Corn Amaro spiked mulled white wine leans towards the drier side and makes for a perfect counterpart to sweet holiday desserts.
We recommend using a crockpot for this recipe for ease but this mulled wine can also be simmered on the stove.
1. Add the dry white wine, sweet white wine or apple juice, and amaro to a 2 quart or larger crockpot, or to a pot on the stove if using.
2. Add the spices to a mesh tea ball or a mulling spice bag and suspend in the wine. Alternatively, you can add the spices directly to the wine.
3. Set the crockpot to high or bring to just barely simmering on the stove, keeping covered.
4. Heat for at least 15 minutes. The longer the wine heats, the stronger the spice flavor will be.
5. Sweeten to taste with the honey.
6. Remove the tea ball or spice bag prior to serving, or strain the spices.
7. Serve in a mug with an orange slice to garnish.